Joint pain is very common and can affect anyone. Symptoms like joint pain, swelling, stiffness, and / or warmth can suggest inflammation due to an injury. It is often difficult to pinpoint the actual source of pain – the joint itself, the tissues surrounding it or an affected ligament or tendon unless you see one of our experienced team.
Physiotherapy and Joint pain
When it comes to your sporting activity of choice returning in the quickest and safest way possible is paramount. We have a 5-step process to managing your joint pain :
- Early and accurate diagnosis. We have close links to local centres for imaging of your joint and direct referrals to consultants should that be required.
- Discussion about management options and training volume and loads while we manage your joint pain.
- Treatment with the latest evidenced base research.
- Rehabilitation programme to assist in return to activity.
- Follow up post the resolution of your joint pain to help you maintain your activity levels.